Why should you use Zello instead of phone calls, texts, or other voice messaging apps? To us, it’s a no brainer. But to those of you who aren’t familiar with Zello or what our walkie-talkie app does, here are our top ten reasons why Zello is superior to other communications apps:
- Zello is FREE to use - without ads or spam. Zello runs on virtually all iOS, Android, or Windows PC devices, using Internet via WiFi or any carrier data network. You can download the app here.
- Zello is the most popular walkie-talkie push-to-talk (PTT) app in the world, with over 125 million users. Zello is the highest rated PTT app in Google Play (4.4 with over 705K reviews) and the App Store (4.6 with over 7800 reviews).
- Zello instant voice messages are live but also saved in history to replay or share later. Other voice messengers only record messages or require you to pay for a live-voice option.
- Zello uses no phone minutes. There are no phone records, no dialing or waiting for someone to answer. Just press and hold the big round button to instantly speak to a contact, group, or channel.
- Real-time voice messages are faster than texts. This is crucial during emergencies, where seconds matter. There is less chance of misunderstanding what a person says over Zello. Texting is more prone to error and misinterpretation.
- Push-to-talk voice messaging is safer than texting. Trying to text while driving or crossing a busy street is both unsafe and illegal in many jurisdictions. We support wired and wireless accessories to allow hands-free use of Zello while driving or walking. We also have VOX voice-activated messaging available on Android and Windows PC.
- Voice messages convey emotion. Instead of searching for just the right emoticon, use your voice to easily convey delight, sarcasm, fear, or disgust in real-time. Hearing a loved one’s voice cannot be replaced by reading the same words in a text.
- If you hate talking on the phone or enduring long, awkward silences during phone calls, Zello lets you send short voice messages whenever it's convenient. To make it quick and fun, use walkie-talkie lingo just like radio pros do. "10-4?" (OK?).
- One-to-one and group conversations are fully encrypted end-to-end. Unlike real 2-way radios, Zello messaging is safe from anyone prying into your private discussions by intercepting a radio frequency. Messages are stored only on your own device, not on our servers.
- Finally, Zello is also a personal social platform. Join or create your own public and private channels to meet and talk to people anywhere, anytime. With the ability to support 5000 users, channels bring people together to have fun, learn, and make things happen. Whether it’s organizing a picnic or a protest, coordinating a wedding or a water rescue - it all happens on channels. You can read real stories of how channels have impacted people’s lives in our blog.
The most unique thing about Zello is our diverse user base. We have users from all cultures, backgrounds, and age groups. The uses for Zello are limitless. We are continually surprised by users who invent new ways to use Zello in their personal and work lives. Do you use Zello in an unconventional way? Let us know! Contact us and drop us a line.