What's the Difference between Zello & Other Voice Messaging Apps?
You may ask yourself, “why should I use Zello now that I can send voice messages from my iPhone? You may also wonder how Zello is different from all those other voice messaging apps out there, such as Whatsapp, WeChat, Viber, etc. Simply put, Zello is a true push-to-talk (PTT) walkie-talkie app, while other apps use recorded messages.
Read on to learn why this matters and other reasons for using Zello for voice communications instead of iMessage or other apps with voice messaging:
1. Zello is live.Apps with voice messaging use recorded audio. Since Zello uses live streaming audio, it’s much faster. Instead of you having to record a message, save it, send it, and then wait for a response, Zello is real-time. Lag is virtually nonexistent between the time you speak and when the message is heard. This is extremely important in situations when time is critical, and the message needs to be heard immediately.
2. Zello runs across multiple platforms, on either Wi-Fi or data, on any carrier.
With iMessage, you can’t talk to your friends who have Android or Windows Phone. You can only talk to other iOS users.
3. On iMessage, there is no history, share message, or channel feature.
There is no way to play back a history of your iMessages or share them with other users. Zello is the only PTT app that offers a channel feature where you can talk to and meet new people across the world.
4. Zello sound quality is superior.
Zello uses Codec Opus. Compare the sound quality with recorded messaging apps, and you will hear the difference.
5. Zello is free, with no gimmicks or spam.
Zello will never charge you, post ads, or spam you and your friends.
6. Zello minimizes disruptions in your busy life.
Zello offers status and notification settings you can customize to avoid being disturbed, and missed messages can be saved to history.