By Alexey Gavrilov on May 19, 2011
The long anticipated Loudtalks client for BlackBerry platform is available for download today. Please join the beta test and report any issues you face. To download the application visit http://loudtalks.com/bb/ on your BlackBerry.
The application allows you to talk to other BlackBerry users as well as to users of Windows desktop and Windows Mobile apps if they are using the new version of the client (at least 1.3).
This beta release (version 1.0.1) has the following limitations:
- No messages history
- Changing online status has no functional effect unlike Windows version where setting status to Away or Busy allows to receive the messages without playing them back right away
- Impossible to view the list of the users connected to a public channel
Please share any feedback you might have!
Loudtalks Cloud and Loudtalks Mesh clients for BlackBerry are expected within 2 weeks once the beta test of Loudtalks Lite is completed.
By Alexey Gavrilov on May 5, 2011
Today we have published a major update to Loudtalks Cloud client software — version 1.2.
Loudtalks Cloud client software version 1.2 has the following key differences from the previous 0.9.* releases:
- Reduced data usage and power consumption when idle. The new version uses 2.5 times less data while running in the background
- Faster status updates especially in the cases when one of the contacts lost network connectivity. With 1.2 detecting a client, which suddenly dropped off the network will take about 30 seconds — four times faster than before
- Improved reliability. We moved large portion of processing from the client to the cloud, which increases software stability and helps to address issues faster
- Compatibility with upcoming BlackBerry and Android releases
Important! The new version is not fully compatible with 0.9 releases (only communication via channels will work between 1.x and 0.9.x clients, direct communication between them is not possible), therefore it’s important to update the client software on all units in your network.
Changes in pricing
If you are using a premium service plan, your subscription plan monthly fee will not change. New customers pricing increases on average 50% starting today. You can check out updated Loudtalks Cloud prices here.
We are still offering a free service plan, which lets you use your private push-to-talk network for up to 10 users.