By Alexey Gavrilov on December 20, 2007
Today, three months from the first public appearance at TechCrunch40 we reached an important milestone of 10,000 registered users.
I want to thank these brave people for helping us. It takes courage to try the new software, which challenges existing communication tools with multi-million user bases.
We try to work up to your expectations. Over that time we went through 13 releases, fixing bugs and gradually improving usability. I really hope we are heading in the right direction. If you think we are not — give us a punch, we are listening.
Here is what expected in the coming releases:
- Automatic updates support
- Support of TCP-only transport
- Support of operation through a proxy
- Incoming messages and statuses history (think twitter timeline)
- Improved GUI (slimmer main window, compact contacts mode)
We also keep on adding new UI languages. Right now Loudtalks is available is English, Russian, German, Spanish, Finnish and Chinese.
By Alexey Gavrilov on December 14, 2007
We didn’t want to update it that soon but it turned out we made something really stupid in .32, which prevented many users from joining the p2p network normally. This update fixes it.
- Bugfix: “Can’t join Loudtalks network” error occurred for some users of 0.9.0.32 even though the previous version could log in fine
- Added contact search by email, re-designed “Add a contact” wizard
- Improved supernodes performance and reliability
- Improved look of the installation wizard
- Bugfix: Selecting multiple contacts in the contacts list using Shift button caused unwanted scrolling under certain conditions
- Bugfix: Under Windows 2000 tray icons appeared with purple background
- Bugfix: Crash under Windows 2000 when accessing Options
Download the latest version
If you don’t want to use the installer, you can download a zipped executable here, which is suitable for portable use (from USB flash drive).
As always we are looking for your feedback and suggestions. The easiest way to reach us is to use the error reporting form, available under Help menu in the software.
By Alexey Gavrilov on December 6, 2007
We decided that it would be cool to nominate Loudtalks for one of The Crunchies awards.
If you think we deserve it, please support us by clicking on that cheesy round button on the left and entering “loudtalks” into “Best Bootstrapped Start-up” category. You may nominate us into different categories as well 🙂