This is a second iteration of Deepwell experiment. The previous one (the attempt to use it as a test contact) was unsuccessful and resulted in a bunch of support emails, which sounded nearly schizophrenic: “…sometimes I hear voices, how do I hear myself?”
We let “echo” do what it’s supposed to do and moved Deepwell robot over to “voices” username. After a little modification now it could be used to meet new people in quite unusual way.
Here is how to use it:
- Add “voices” to your contacts
- Select “voices” in your contacts list, push F7 button and speak something about yourself for 5-20 seconds.
- Release F7 button and hear the message from another user, which will be randomly picked up from the queue.
- Watch the status line as it tells you, who was the author of the message you are hearing
- If you like, what you hear, add the user to your contacts and as soon as he approves your request — you can talk!
- Repeat steps 2-5 until as necessary 🙂
Since this feature is experimental and just launched you might notice that there are few messages in the pipeline. That’s normal and if anybody will find it useful, there will be many more interesting people to meet there soon!