By Alexey Gavrilov on October 25, 2007
The new minor release is here.
- New UI languages — Finnish and German. Kudos to Maria Dubovaya and Andreas Giesen for their generous contribution
- Click and hold on the contact can be used to start talking
- Updated look of Speak button — now it lights red, when active
- Bugfix: Race conditions, when logging in from multiple locations
Download the new release
We are still tweaking network algorithms so if you experience any issues with connectivity or contacts visibility, please let us know.
By Alexey Gavrilov on October 23, 2007
We are starting a private beta testing of Loudtalks for Windows Mobile. If you have a device running Windows Mobile 6.0, Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows Mobile 2003, and willing to try the first mobile Loudtalks before anyone else, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s released to the public. See announcement.
Here is how it looks on HP iPAQ rx3715:
By Alexey Gavrilov on October 13, 2007
Loudtalks 0.9.0.28 for Windows is released today. Here are release notes.
- Preferred UI language is detected automatically during setup
- Automatic re-connect after network connection is restored
- Custom status messages
- Bugfix: Installation in Windows 2000 failed with IPHLPAPI.DLL error
To set the custom status message right-click on the text on the status bar and edit it.
Status messages are saved per status, so you may set different text for each state — Online, Away, Busy and Headphones.
To update just download the new setup and run the installation wizard (you don’t have to uninstall the previous version or exit Loudtalks)
Download the latest release
By Alexey Gavrilov on October 5, 2007
Today we released a major update. Here are the changes:
- Added support for UI localization. English, Russian and Spanish (beta) languages are included
- Group channels support
- Logout progress indication
- Sound capture device is configured automatically (fixes no sound problem some users reported with 0.9.0.25)
- Updated versions can be installed without terminating Loudtalks
- Better look of initial screen, when contacts list is empty
- Improved installation experience for the new users
- Misc. reliability fixes
Let’s dig into some of the new features.
Read the rest of this entry »